Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lately

Things have been pretty laid back lately. We are just hanging out and enjoying each other. Brandon has been working quite a bit so it has been just me and the kids-which can get very stressful at times. I am trying to put together some projects to keep the girls busy, but Maddie is quite a bit younger than Emma and doesn't keep stuff where it is supposed to go :)
Eli finally rolled over! I didn't see the actuall occurance, but I was helping Emma with something and I turned around and he was on his belly on his play mat. I was so excited-he has done this later than either of the girls did. Here is a picture of his accomplishment.

He has also started to blow "raspberries" and is talking so much. He also loves to grab at his feet-his new obsession!-and play with my face while he is eating. He has had a little streak the last two weeks where he is waking up multiple times a night (3-4) to eat or just be rocked to sleep. I am not one to lay in bed and listen to my babies cry, so I get to up to comfort him-he is only five months old. I don't feel bad about it either, just tired ;) I think it has something to do with him getting sick with his UTI's and it threw him off. The last one he had was a doozy. We have a VCUG scheduled for tomorrow so that will tell us if he has reflux in his bladder and we can get on specific antibiotics for that until we can make it go away. He also needs to have a chordee repair/circumcision done because that will help him prevent the UTI's with him having the Hydronephrosis in his kidney. Well, the chordee is to fix his penile angulation along with his scrotum-it is attached too far up. My poor baby-he has issues at both ends!! All well, at least these are fixable and he is healthy enough to do something about it.
Emma is enjoying her preschool. She doesn't tell me much about it. She says it is a surprise. I don't know what that is about-but at least I know she likes it. She had her four year pictures done this past Saturday and I can't wait to see them! We did them at the park and she had a ball. She is really into classical music....who would have thought that? Every time we get in the car, she wants someome to play Fur Elise--sp? by Beethoven. She absolutely LOVES that song. She doesn't really show interest in todays music like some kids her age. That is okay with me. I want to keep her as young as possible while she is a child. We have also been having Stranger talks. She is really catching on to it and I think she knows what to do if a stranger asks her to get in their car or come do this or that. I am proud of her-she is really so smart.

Maddie has really turned into a child in the last month. She turns two next month and I can't begin to tell you how much I love this stage. I remember it with Emma and I am so happy Maddie is now in it. She has been communicating with words so much better and she talks soooooo much! She tells us Bless You when we sneeze, she says Please and Thank You all the time, she says Sorry when she does something wrong....wow. She still doesn't let me keep things in her hair though. I want to so bad! She has this curly thick hair that is going to be gorgeous and I want to play with it all the time! She has also started to sit on the Potty and try to go pee-pee. I think she is going to be potty trained within the next six months. She is so smart as well. She is more into the dancing-the shake your booty type :) That is mommy's fault....lol

A little blurry, but cute nonetheless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment