Thursday, March 14, 2013

Elijah Brandon

Eli!!
So I completely meant to do a post on Eli, but Blogger has been acting up (again) on me so it was put on hold.  I think the problem is fixed now. 

-Bubs is now eleven months old!
-Weight is 20.9 lbs and 27 inches long about 50% and 5%....lol, I have short babies!  However, he is doing GREAT for a heart baby!
-Eli is finally starting to like big people food.  He seems to really enjoy pasta (that IS my boy!).
-Other favorites are Cheerios, Saltines, and he likes Baby Food squash, sweet potatoes, bananas, bananas mixed with berries, applesauce (baby and regular), green beans. 
-Still army crawls, but will get up on all fours, rock and then decide he wants to do it his own way. 
-Pulls up on standing toys and furniture.  He is also starting to try to stand in his crib-we are lowering the mattress this weekend.
-Eli started cutting teeth at nine months (like the girls) and his bottom teeth are completely through.  He is now cutting FOUR top teeth all at the same time and you would never know (like the girls)!  It is funny because of the four middle top teeth, the outer two are coming in first.  I have been trying to get a picture of it, but the little stinker is just too fast for me!!
-Eli loves to clap and bang on things.  From what I hear, he is getting not one, but TWO sets of drums for his birthday.  I have made it very clear to whomever buys the drums, those stays at the perpetrators house.  lol
-Eli claps his hands when you ask where Patty Cake is.  It is a good distraction while I am changing his diaper.
-Eli also will give high fives.  His babysitter taught him that!
-He loves to sit in his Pack N Play and play with his toys.  He is pretty content when you let him do that.
-Flip to 180 degrees and he loves to be held and taken around to see what you are doing.  He is an observer. 
-He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse-especially the theme song.
-While he's eating his finger foods in his high chair, he has learned how to tease the dogs with his food.  We are working on breaking that habit, but he finds it hilarious when he does it. 
-He wears twelve month clothes.
-I am finding it harder and harder to part with his smaller clothes.
-He is growing in blonde hair-I love it!
-He says dada, just started saying mama and says a whole lots of consonant sounds....dudududud, babbabababa, etc.
-He smiles all the time still.
-He loves to watch his sisters and I can feel his excitement while they are running around-he wants to join!
-He is such a miracle to me and I cannot believe how much this little guy has grabbed my heart.  He has completed our family and he is loved so very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment